BOOKWORM REVIEW: Love Buzz by Persephone Autumn

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐    
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ 

If I could give out a top cinnamon roll award of 2021, it would go to Jonas. This man is so adorable and kind; I still stand by what I said in my review of Book 1. Jonas Henderson is too good for this world.

But let's talk about the book.

Love Buzz, book two of the Inked Duet, picks up where Fine Line left off. The father of Autumn's 8-year-old daughter has threatened to sue for custody after years of being absent, and this has turned our couple's world upside-down. A man trying to respect his new girlfriend's boundaries for herself and her daughter. A single mom trying to juggle a custody fight, parenting, and a new love.

There is a great mix of drama, suspense, and romance. While there are moments that drag a smidge too long, the story and its relatable characters keep pulling you back in. 

I love the simplicity of the journey: a couple trying to navigate a young relationship that includes an adorable precocious girl, supportive family and friends, and what ought to be a straightforward custody case. I also love that a simple story is made complex by anxiety, emotions, and thoughts. As a mom, I found Autumn's fears, concerns, and reactions relatable; you put your kid above everyone else, including yourself and the partner you love. 

And Jonas' respect of Autumn's time, space, and decisions. #swoon. He just makes being a cinnamon roll look so effortless and sexy.

I was pleasantly surprised at the element of suspense in this book, and while I found the ending to the suspense too rushed (I really want them to pay for putting my babies through all of that trouble, OK?), how Jonas and Autumn have gone through it was admirable.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. **

Love Buzz is now available, and The Inked Duet is now complete.

ABOUT THIS BOOK

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’Šπ’” π’Žπ’π’”π’• π’ˆπ’π’π’“π’Šπ’π’–π’”. 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 π’“π’Šπ’‘π’” π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕.

𝙅𝙀𝙣𝙖𝙨
When I woke this morning, I didn’t expect this. For Autumn’s past to step in and rip away everything I love. Autumn asks for patience, but with each passing day, she slips farther from my grasp.

I refuse to lose Autumn or Clementine. Not to him. Not to anyone.
They are my girls. Always.

As the picture perfect life I envision with them slowly fades, the pain beneath my sternum grows more powerful.
Each passing day, my chest tightens at the loss of them.

I never imagined I would discover the love of my life, only to lose her.

π‘¨π’–π’•π’–π’Žπ’
When I woke this morning, I never saw this coming. My ex storming back into my life and threatening to steal everything I hold precious. Not just my daughter, but also my livelihood. And I refuse to let him do either.

Until this ends, I must let go of my newfound selfishness and focus solely on Clementine.
Until this ends, I must forget about love. Temporarily.

When I memorized Jonas’s heartbeat, I had no idea I would need to recall it in my lonely bed so soon.
I had no idea my heart would ache so profusely in his absence.

I have never known pain like this. And I have never been so torn.

…hopefully, our love will survive the storm.


ABOUT PERSEPHONE AUTUMN


Persephone was born and raised in Florida, but dreams of living in the forest and mountains. After years in a corporate job, she switched careers and gained time to dive into writing. Shortly thereafter, she published her first book, Depths Awakened.

Connect with Persephone