BOOKWORM REVIEW: Promises and Pomegranates by Sav R. Miller

 


TRIGGER WARNING: This book contains many triggers, such as graphic violence and explicit scenes. If those affect you, please don't read this book.

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

That said, this book is daaaaarrk. It should not come as a surprise given that it is a modern take of Hades and Persephone, one of my favorite Greek myths.

Our Hades comes in the form of Kal, a deadly henchman for one of the most powerful mob families in Boston.  His Persephone is Elena Ricci, the eldest daughter of his mob boss.

Elena is forced to marry to strengthen her family connections, but Kal definitely has something to say about that situation.

To me, the God of Death has never been a one-dimensional character, and I love that Sav R. Miller gives Kallum a lot of depth. That darkness, the loneliness..it all has a root in Kal's past, and the unravelling is beautiful to read.

I also love how Elena completely emerged from the shell her family so connivingly built around her as she and Kal navigated the growing pains of their relationship.

This was my first Sav R. Miller read, and while I need a brief break from the darkness, I will definitely be looking into other books.

PURCHASE LINKS
Free with Kindle Unlimited