BOOKWORM REVIEW: Between Takes by Morgana Bevan

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

What an amazing read! This debut book of the King of Screen series by Morgana Bevan set a high bar for the rest.

For this installment, we get the story of Shaun and Mona.  Shaun is an actor who is going through issues from his recent and very public breakup with another celebrity.  Mona is hired by Shaun's agent to become his PA..also known as his babysitter and handler.  And Mona is not going to let Shaun's sour attitude get in the way of her getting her job done.

I love Mona's sass. She puts Shaun in his place without being mean, and her kind, friendly demeanor endears her not only with Shaun but also other people on the set.  I also like that she is not without fault but still remains relatable.

Shaun starts off as a drunk jerk, but as the story unfolds, I get why he came to be how he is. In fact, I just want to give him a tight hug.

The progression of their relationship feels organic, and the pace of the story is just right.  

This was my first Morgana Bevan read, and I am 100% certain it won't be my last.  I recommend reading this book, and I am most definitely looking forward to the rest of this series.

**I received an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.**

Between Takes is now available.

PURCHASE LINKS